Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Truman Show

Ever get the feeling that the world isn't as serious as it makes it self out to be? I think everyone realizes that life is messed up and just plays the part of functioning human beings. I was walking down the hall at work today, Christmas eve. Not surprisingly, not a lot of people are here. As I walk, I hear music distant and muffled, but loud. I flash back to that scene from Freeman's Mind where he enters the programming lab and they have the techno blasting. As I walk a little further I further learn that it is a high security area. The final realization came when I puzzled out why the instrumental part wasn't muffled, but the voice singing was. THEY WERE PLAYING ROCK BAND IN A HIGH SECURITY AREA! And that is indeed the point where I started laughing, bought my burger/chips/soda of varying flavors and returned to my desk to write this. I'm going to have to up my game in 2010 to match that level of not taking the world seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment